Configuring System Emails in the Rubex Control Center (SMTP)
Purpose: Set up system emails to allow Rubex users to share documents, request documents, and allow the system to send New User and Password Reset emails to Rubex users.
Please note: The mailbox that you configure will need to be SMTP compatible. Your IT team will need to make sure that your mailbox is SMTP compatible if it is not already.
- In your Rubex Private Cloud server open the Rubex Control Center via the Rubex Control Center desktop shortcut or by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\eFileCabinet\eFileCabinetControlCenter\ControlCenterLauncher
- Once you have the Rubex Control Center open navigate to the Email/SMTP section by clicking "Email" in the navigation panel to the left.
- Once you are in the Email section in the Rubex Control Center fill out the field select "Edit" and fill out the fields with the SMTP information.
- After entering the SMTP information in the appropriate fields click the "Check Configuration" button at the bottom.
- After clicking the "Check Configuration" button you will see a pop-up message that will notify you of successful configuration or a pop-up message notifying you of an unsuccessful configuration.
If you receive a message that looks like the above message your configuration is successful and you and click the "Save" button and restart your Rubex server services as prompted. Please note that you should have all users get out of Rubex before restarting the services.
If you received a failure message please check your SMTP configuration, make any necessary changes, and use the "Check Configuration" option. If you are able to successfully test your configuration you will need to click the "Save" button and restart the Rubex services as prompted. Please note that the failure messages are coming directly from your email provider and are just being displayed from the Rubex Control Center
The error message above indicates that your email username and password is most likely entered correctly, but you need to make sure that you have the correct SMTP server address and SMTP server port entered.
The error message above indicates that your SMTP server address and SMTP server port are likely entered correctly, but that you may need to retype your email username, email password, and confirm that "Use SSL/TLS" box is checked.
If you have any issues, please ensure that you have set up SMTP relay with your email provider. Your IT professional should be able to assist with confirming the SMTP relay is set up.
Attached is the pdf guide