Rubex - Custom Email Settings Through Google - Manual Connection Setup Follow
In order to set up custom email settings in Rubex through your Google account, there are two requirements that need to be met:
- You must have 2FA enabled on your Google account.
- You must generate an App Password to log in with.
Why do I need 2FA?
Google requires that you have 2FA enabled on your account in order to generate an app password.
Why do I need an App Password?
Googles security requirements are such that you cannot sign in to some third-party applications, such as Rubex, with just your normal Google email and password. The use of an app password is a security precaution that Google requires.
Where do I go to set 2FA and an App Password?
You can view the security settings on your Google account here: https://myaccount.google.com/security
Under the 'Signing in to Google' section, you can enable 2FA on your account, after which you should see the option to generate an App Password.
Custom email settings in Rubex
Once you've set up 2FA and an app password, you're ready to set them up in Rubex.
You can set up custom email settings at either the account level or the user settings level.
- To set them up at the account level, go to your admin panel and click on the 'Settings' option. Scroll down to the 'Email Settings' section and click on 'Add Email Setting'.
- To set them up at the user level, go to your 'My Settings' page and locate the 'Email Settings' section. Click on 'Add Email Setting'.
In this guide, we're going to be using setting up the email settings through the manual connection option. After clicking on the 'Add Email Setting' button, click on 'Manual Connection' and you should be greeted with the following:
- Username/Email Address - This is the email address you use to sign in to Google.
- Password - Here, instead of your normal Google account password, enter the 16-digit app password that you generated.
- Email SMTP Server Address - smtp.gmail.com
- Port - 587
Once you've entered these into the above fields, click on 'Save Settings'. This should present you with a success message and a test email will be sent to your inbox from the email address you've set up in Rubex.
Please sign in to leave a comment.