After speaking with your sales representative and getting your information up to date and your server information upgraded on the back end, perform the following steps to upgrade your eFileCabinet server and eFileCabinet clients on each workstation:
Step 1: Backup your eFileCabinet Database Files (See the article : EFC Desktop - Backup your eFileCabinet)
1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\eFileCabinet and create a folder called "edb backup" in the directory C:\ProgramData\eFileCabinet\
2. Open the "5 folder" (found at C:\Programdata\eFileCabinet\5\) and copy all of the *.edb files and folders except for the "data" folder.
3. Paste the files you have just copied into your *.edb backup folder you created earlier (C:\ProgramData\eFileCabinet\edb backup). Once the copy is complete, move onto Step 2.
Step 2: Update your eFileCabinet Service.
1. Click on the server icon in the System Tray on the server machine, or the standalone workstation.
2. in the Server information menu, select "Check for Updates" or "Update now"
3. Enter the Administrator password when requested (NOTE: This is the password for the user called "Administrator in eFileCabinet.), then follow any prompts concerning creating a restore point and restarting the server service in the affirmative.
Step 3: Update eFileCabinet Clients on each workstation
Once the server has upgraded completely, all you need to do is log into the EFC Client on each machine and it will automatically update when prompted.