EFC Online – Setting up Gmail SMTP Settings
Setting up Gmail for Email Server Settings
- Check to see if you have 2-step verification setup under you Google Account.
- If you don’t have it setup and would like to use customer email settings for Gmail account you will need to apply it to your account.
- This is required by Google, not eFileCabinet, in order to set a customer email server within eFileCabinet Online.
- If you need help to set up 2-step verification you can click the link here: Google 2-Step Verification
- Log into app.efilecabinet.com and click on the Cog Icon located towards the top right of the page.
- Select Add Email Server Settings
- You will need to fill out all boxes with the following information.
- ‘From Email Address’ needs to be filled with the email address you’re wanting to use.
- ‘SMTP Server Address’ needs to be filled with smtp-relay.gmail.com
- ‘Port’ needs to be filled with 465
- ‘Username’ needs to be filled with the same address that was enter in the field From Email Address.
- ‘Password’ needs to be filled out an auto generated app-password created under your Google account. It cannot be the password you use to regularly to sign in.
- If you need help setting up an app-password you can click the link here: Google App-Password
- You will need to enter in exactly in order for it to work correctly. It recommends not writing it down but for the time being it would be best to temporarily right it now then discard it afterwards.